#1 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
Let me first say, “Merry Christmas!” No matter what holiday you celebrate, I hope you find yourself surrounded by friends and family.
Alright, enough with the cheesy stuff, time to finish up this Xmas list. When picking the songs for this list I thought of Santa Claus, who about now is about to take off on his overnight trip around the world. While he’s cruisin’ the planet delivering toys, I wondered what he’d be listening to on his sleigh’s radio. And I’m sure every year he rolls his eyes and wonders “WTH?” (Or gets sick and tired) when hearing these songs. (Maybe he'll ask for some sweet Holiday Jams under the tree…again?) Well, before we all track Kris Kringle’s progress tonight, here’s is the #1 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever.
OK, I’m betting this was the fastest Christmas song to go from Totally Awesome to Completely Awful. Even dogs hate it! I had to do a lot of digging on this song to find out where it came from. Apparently, it was made back in the 50’s by some dude from Denmark who didn’t like his neighbor dogs too much. This song is everywhere. It’s filling the air of most area stores, it’s loaded inside useless Christmas ‘gag’ gifts, and there are even tree ornaments that have a play this song when you walk by….UGH! I wonder if the creater of this masterpiece lived long enough to see his work placed inside a annoying dancing holiday plush doggie. Oh, and if weren’t for this song I’m sure we wouldn’t have the Jingle Cats either.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
08. Baby, its cold outside - Barry Manilow & K.T. Oslen
07. Christmas Conga - Cyndi Lauper
06. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey
05. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
04. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
03. The Christmas Shoes - Newsong
02. Have a Funky Funky Christmas - New Kids on the Block 01. Jingle Bells - The Singing Dogs