#14 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
If you haven’t noticed yet, JACK-fm doesn’t play any Holiday tunes. Why? Are we a bunch of Scrooges? Are we a bunch of Grinch’s? Nah, we know Christmas music is everywhere you go now. You almost can’t escape it. So, as we get closer to the Santa’s Big Day, I’ll countdown the songs that put more of a Bah-Humbug in the Holidays.
Awww, isn’t this cute? Nope. After 10 seconds into the songs the whistling alone would make any human want to pull their ears completely off. I'll pay $20 to whoever knocked out the first two, to knock out the rest. Now, I might be a little to harsh on this classic Christmas song, but it goes against a pet peeve of mine…when older people try to impersonate children. It’s funny if it’s obviously bad, but this attempt is to make you think that the person singing is an actual kid who’s missing his chiclets. Ugh! The guilty party is the late (And honestly great trumpeter of the City Slickers) George Rock. I think George would have made millions as a cartoon actor, but ‘for goodness sakes’ never do this on songs. Oh, and the jingle bells/sound effects breakdown in the middle would turn my heart cold and make me wanna steal everything from Whoville just after a few listeners.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka - Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby - Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy - Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth - Spike Jones & His City Slickers