#18 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever.
If you haven’t noticed yet, JACK-fm doesn’t play any Holiday tunes. Why? Are we a bunch of Scrooges? Are we a bunch of Grinch’s? Nah, we know Christmas music is everywhere you go now. You almost can’t escape it. So, as we get closer to the Santa’s Big Day, I’ll countdown the songs that put more of a Bah-Humbug in the Holidays.
18. Oh Come all Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
Really? Does this one really need explaining? Hearing “Oh Christ the Lord” from the same lips that sang, “You’re Gonna Burn in Hell” is a little weird. Not to mention it’s also set to the music of Twisted Sisters hit song “We’re Not Gonna Take It.” On one hand I admire the guys trying to be relevant and sure this maybe the only way of doing it…but uggggghh! This song will never be on my xMas iPod. Dee Snider even admitted this about the Twisted Christmas Album, “We thought this would put the nail in the coffin of our Heavy Metal Careers”
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka - Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister