#5 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
This is my favorite time of the year and I’ve taken great pleasure in spending (or some say wasting) company time counting down the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. By all means, this is not me being a Scrooge. I’m crazy about the Holidays! (But not “crazy” enough to wear a Mistletoe Belt Buckle to the office Xmas party) Anyway, as we get closer to the Jolly Ol’ Elf’s next appearance, the songs on this list will continue to get worse and worse. Happy Holidays!
Oh, the British. They gave us The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who and Band Aid. Yep, everyone from Duran Duran, Bananarama, to Boy George singing about feeding the world (But mostly Africa). Hey, Bob Geldof had a great idea with this song. Get pop stars together to sing a song to raise millions for charity. And they pulled it off in a 24 hour period. Impressive, but next time please make it a better song. Oh, and they've also did two more Band Aid songs for charity. The only problem…it’s the some stinkin’ song. After this hit in 84 followed USA for Africa, Live Aid, and who can forget Hear ‘N Aid. Still for all the good this song did, its horribly depressing and way overplayed. Please Band Aid sing a different song this Christmas.
FYI: It wasn’t all British on Do they Know It’s Christmas, Jersey’s own Kool & the Gang were on it too. Weird huh? Kinda like Dan Aykroyd singing on We are the World.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
08. Baby, its cold outside - Barry Manilow & K.T. Oslen
07. Christmas Conga - Cyndi Lauper
06. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey
05. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid