#6 of the 25 Worst Christmas Songs...Ever
This is my favorite time of the year and I’ve taken great pleasure in spending (or some say wasting) company time counting down the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. By all means, this is not me being a Scrooge. I’m crazy about the Holidays! (But not “crazy” enough to wear a Mistletoe Belt Buckle to the office Xmas party) Anyway, as we get closer to the Jolly Ol’ Elf’s next appearance, the songs on this list will continue to get worse and worse. Happy Holidays!
Is it right for me to criticize a song that was sung by a 10 year old girl? Yep, I’m fine with it. Look, cute is cute once or twice…period. (I might have mentioned it earlier) What ruins this song for me is the music. It kinda sounds like the clown entrance theme at the circus. And I always wondered if Gayla had a cold, or if she was plugging her nose, when recording this song. The reason this song is not in the top 3 is that this song actually did some good. A local promoter (probably a ‘wacky’ DJ) did a promotion to get Gayla and actual Hippo on Christmas. He did. She then donated it to the local zoo. Smart kid. BTW…Comic legends The 3 Stooges did a version too. The 3 Stooges RULE!
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
08. Baby, its cold outside - Barry Manilow & K.T. Oslen
07. Christmas Conga - Cyndi Lauper
06. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey