#7 of the 25 Worst Chirstmas Songs...Ever
This is my favorite time of the year and I’ve taken great pleasure in spending (or some say wasting) company time counting down the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever. By all means, this is not me being a Scrooge. I’m crazy about the Holidays! (But not “crazy” enough to wear a Mistletoe Belt Buckle to the office Xmas party) Anyway, as we get closer to the Jolly Ol’ Elf’s next appearance, the songs on this list will continue to get worse and worse. Happy Holidays!
7. Christmas Conga – Cyndi Lauper
"Bonga, bonga, bonga, bonga,…Do the Christmas Conga." On Second thought, No. This saucy little stocking stuffer is from Cyndi Lauper’s “Merry Christmas…Have a Nice Life” album back in 98. Once released this song immediately rocketed up everyones Horrible Christmas Song List and hasn’t looked back. Doesn’t this sound like something you’d hear from Gloria Estefan? Here’s a tip…if you are ever at an office Christmas party and this song comes on…look out. It’s either a good time to leave because things are about to go down, or grab your video camera because things are about to go down. Cyndi Lauper is a pretty great artist, but this is not her best. But perfect for the 25 Worst Christmas Songs…Ever.
The 25 Worst Christmas Songs….Ever.
25. Christmas Tree – Lady Gaga
24. Blue Christmas – Porky Pig (aka Mark McCollum)
23. 8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child
22. Last Christmas – Wham!
21. The Christmas Song – Alvin & The Chipmunks
20. Mele Kalikimaka – Jimmy Buffet
19. Hey Santa – Carnie & Wendy Wilson
18. Oh Come All Ye Faithful – Twisted Sister
17. Santa Baby – Madonna
16. Macarena Christmas - Los Del Rio
15. Little Drummer Boy – Jessica & Ashlee Simpson
14. All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
13. Santa’s Beard – The Beach Boys
12. Have a Cheeky Christmas – The Cheeky Girls
11. Please Daddy (Don't get drunk this Christmas) - John Denver
10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
09. Santa Claus is coming to town - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
08. Baby, its cold outside - Barry Manilow & K.T. Oslen
07. Christmas Conga - Cyndi Lauper